An interview with Abbott
Thanks to Jamirror for interviewing Abbott!
1. What do you love about being an artist at The Art Department?
I love using different types of mediums and learning new art techniques that challenges me to move out of my comfort zone. I also love making movies for TV Show.
2. What is one thing you like about yourself?
I like that I am very musical. For example, I am a very good singer and piano player. Also, I am very good at math, crosswords, dressage, and sports. I am also very empathetic. One of my many qualities that people like about me!
3. What do you struggle with?
I struggle with being hungry all the time. I live with a rare and genetic disorder called Prader-Willi Syndrome.
4. What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is sushi. I love the wasabi!
5. Who do you admire?
I admire Rosa Parks because she stood up for what she thought she should be treated like.
6. What is your spirit animal?
I think of myself as an eagle. I like to soar to new heights, explore new possibilities, and reach new horizons!
7. What are you most proud of?
I am most proud of being a good role model and a leader for others.
8. What would you do if you could do anything for one day?
I would like to be president for a day and make Congress act like what they are supposed to act like.
9. What is your dream?
My dream is to live on my own someday and to be cured of Prader-Willi.
10. What is your favorite music?
I like all types of music because to really appreciate music you have to be open to other forms.
11. What is your favorite quote, or do you have any advice for people?
My favorite saying is, “My names not Willi.” Don’t judge a book by its cover.
12. Where would you like to go, that you’ve never visited?
I would love to visit the Bahamas and Bermuda. I especially would love to brave the Bermuda Triangle!
13. Where are you from? Do you like Portland?
I was born in Manhattan, New York at Mount Sinai Hospital. I love Portland because it has a lot of interesting people and things to do.
Thanks for sharing some information about yourself, Abbott!